Recipe by curlykcook
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. These bite-size appetizers are perfect for a crowd! Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes are combined with a spicy Monterey jack cheese, and coated in crispy panko bread crumbs, then fried until golden brown. Sweet, creamy and crispy...they will be a hit with your family and friends!
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 6 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cups canola oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes and pepper jack cheese. Mix well.
- Using wet hands, form into popper shape, like small footballs about 1.5 inches long. Wet hands often to reduce sticking.
- Dip poppers into beaten eggs, then roll in panko bread crumbs to coat. Place coated poppers on a large plate.
- Place poppers into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F. Carefully drop poppers into the hot oil. Fry in batches until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels. Stick a toothpick into each popper and serve hot.