Recipe by hard62
It's important to use good mayonnaise in this recipe, and to let the cooked potatoes chill overnight before making the salad. Vary the seasoning amounts to suit your taste
- 2 sweet potatoes or 2 kumara
- 1⁄4 large red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, pierce with a fork, and microwave the sweet potatoes until tender. Do not overcook the potatoes, or they will not hold up in the salad. Chill overnight.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and dice into 1/2 inch cubes. Place all potatoes into a large bowl.
- Slice red onion thinly and place into a colander. Sprinkle the salt on the onion and let it sit in the colander for 30 minutes to drain. Squeeze onion to remove excess water, and add to the bowl with the potatoes. Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, lemon juice, mayonnaise, curry powder, parsley and pepper, and chill until ready.