The sauce makes 1 cup and may be used for other recipes. Keeping the skins on add nutrients. From NPR.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili-garlic sauce
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut in large batons, approximately 1/4-inch-by-2 inches
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha chili-garlic sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk olive oil and sriracha together in a small bowl. Pour over sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add spices to potatoes and toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in one layer on an unoiled baking sheet.
- Bake on lowest rack 10 minutes. Turn potatoes with a spatula and bake 10 more minutes, or until golden brown on all sides.
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk dipping sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Remove potatoes from oven and serve with sriracha dipping sauce.