1/2 Photos of Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
Several different spice combinations make these fries versatile. Try also with regular potatoes. Delicious!! from local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 sweet potatoes, about 2 lbs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Alternate spices Tangy thyme citrus
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
Alternate spices Spicy pepper cumin
- 1Preheat oven to 500f degrees.
- 2Cut potatoes into wedges.
- 3Place wedges in a bowl with remaining ingredients, toss potatoes until evenly coated.
- 4Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- 5Arrange seasoned potato wedges in a single layer on greased baking sheet for quicker baking.
- 6For crisper fries, place potatoes at least 1 inch apart.
- 7Bake on middle oven rack for approximately 20 minutes or until crisp on the outside and soft inside when pricked with a toothpick or fork.
- 8Turn once about half way through baking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 835.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g