1/1 Photo of Spicy Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is the epitome of all the things Thai food is known for – a perfect marriage of flavour, texture and heat. Keep the pesto separate if serving to a group, so that everyone can alter the heat to their preference.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces unsalted peanuts, lightly toasted
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 serrano peppers (seed if less heat is desired) or 2 Thai chiles, minced (seed if less heat is desired)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 2/3 cups coconut milk (one 13.5 oz can)
- 1 2/3 cups water (use the can to measure)
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped and roasted
- 2In a food processor, combine peanuts, garlic, ginger, chiles, cilantro, mint, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and zest and brown sugar and process until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- 4In a large pot, heat the oils over medium heat and add the onion.
- 5Cook, stirring often, until the onion is beginning to turn golden - about 10 minutes.
- 6Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, cauliflower and sweet potatoes.
- 7Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is very soft.
- 8Let cool slightly, then pour into a food processor or blender, add the peanut mixture and puree smooth.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.2
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 284.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of