Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice addition to spiced nuts. Pepitas are raw, hulled pumpkin seeds and can be found in most spanish markets. They make a nice crunch added over salades too.
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup raw pepitas
- 1 tablespoon tamari or 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Lightly oil a large size skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pepitas, stir the seeds constantly for several minutes until the seeds brown slightly and start to pop Stir in the sauce of your choice, lightly coating the seeds.
- Drizzle the honey onto the seeds and add the black pepper OR Cayenne pepper- adjust the seasonings to your taste Continue to stir while cooking until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove seeds from pan and spread them out onto a baking sheet to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.