Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These wings have a very different spicy and sweet tasting sauce to mix them in after deep frying. They are excellent!
- 16 chicken wings, cut in two (tips removed)
- 73.94 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 177.44 ml Frank's red hot sauce
- 29.58 ml Tabasco sauce
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml honey
- 59.14 ml butter
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 1 orange, juice of
- Mix together cornstarch, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a plastic bag.
- Shake wings in mixture and deep fry in peanut oil.
- In saucepan, mix together rest of ingredients for sauce.
- When wings are done, place in bowl and pour desired amount of sauce over and mix.
Ok...ya'll are gonna laugh, but these got tossed in the garbage. On no fault of Marie's but my own. I didn't have any Franks Hot Sauce, so I decided to use Dave's INSANITY sauce...biggggggg mistake. I took a bite and it was all over from there. The DH didn't even attempt to try them...I drank a half a gallon of milk, and 4 TBSP sugar, and I'm still crying! While I'm sure these are good....next time I will DEFINITELY use what is stated in the recipe! NO SUBSTITUTIONS!!!
These were quite good. The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is that w/ the franks sauce AND the vinegar it was a bit too vinegary. I ended up having to put some more brown sugar in it (about 2 tablespoons) and a little salt also. But these are still really good and I will be making them again i'm sure! Thanks Marie!