Recipe by Marie
These wings have a very different spicy and sweet tasting sauce to mix them in after deep frying. They are excellent!
Top Review by crazycookinmama
Ok...ya'll are gonna laugh, but these got tossed in the garbage. On no fault of Marie's but my own. I didn't have any Franks Hot Sauce, so I decided to use Dave's INSANITY sauce...biggggggg mistake. I took a bite and it was all over from there. The DH didn't even attempt to try them...I drank a half a gallon of milk, and 4 TBSP sugar, and I'm still crying! While I'm sure these are good....next time I will DEFINITELY use what is stated in the recipe! NO SUBSTITUTIONS!!!
- 16 chicken wings, cut in two (tips removed)
- 73.94 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 177.44 ml Frank's red hot sauce
- 29.58 ml Tabasco sauce
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml honey
- 59.14 ml butter
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 1 orange, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cornstarch, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a plastic bag.
- Shake wings in mixture and deep fry in peanut oil.
- In saucepan, mix together rest of ingredients for sauce.
- When wings are done, place in bowl and pour desired amount of sauce over and mix.