The sauce serves as a marinade and dipping sauce for this fantastic summer dish. From the Sable and Rosenfeld cookbook.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine jelly, garlic, lime juice, Worcestershire, jalapeno and chilies. Cook over medium heat until jelly melts.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, about 4 per skewer if using large shrimp.
- Brush both sides of shrimp with jelly mixture and place on a tray to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill on high and sprinkle shrimp with salt on both sides.
- Grill shrimp for 3 minutes per side, brushing with marinade again before turning. Reduce time for smaller shrimp.
- Place remaining sauce in a serving dish for dipping.
- Prep time includes time to marinate but not to soak the skewers.