Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is one of Mark's favorite ways of preparing green beans.
Top Review by Kat's Mom
OK, now you have done it! I can't stay out of the kitchen for longer than a few minutes because I keep sneaking back in to taste these. Cannot wait for DH to get home so we can eat. I do believe I could make a whole meal out of these green beans. I added a few drops of hot sauce because my jalapenos were a bit too mild for my taste. Next time I want to make them with a tangy deli mustard. Thanks Sherrybeth.
- 2 lbs green beans, whole
- 1⁄4 cup sweet & spicy mustard
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, with juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the peppers slightly.
- Wash and cut the ends from the green beans.
- Once the ends are cut, blanch the green beans for about 15 minutes in boiling water until they are tender.
- In a medium saucepan, place the mustard, honey, oil and heat on medium until mixture begins to bubble. Stir in the jalapeno peppers.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Once this has cooked for about 10 minutes, pour it over the green beans which have been blanched and drained.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.