Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Chicken with a twist.. Cooking time includes 1 hour marinating time.
- 6 (1020.58 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 59.14 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 44.37 ml rice vinegar
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml honey
- 22.18 ml chili paste
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- Combine the soysauce along with the next 5 ingredients through and including the garlic cloves in a bowl, and mix together.
- Place the chicken in a large zip-loc bag, and add the soy sauce mixture to the bag.
- Marinate in refridgerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag, and place marinade in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil, turndown heat and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, and place on a grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- Baste with half of the sauce, and grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over , and baste with remaining sauce, and grill for 5 minutes or until done.
Wonderful chicken! I cut it way down for 1 big chicken breast and cooked it in the oven. Lovely taste. I also used garlic powder instead of the cloves. Made for Everyday Cooking Tag Game 2014.
What a yummy way to cook chicken...I cut the recipe in half and cooked them on my George Foreman grill...came out perfect...loved the sticky sweet taste and the touch of spiciness...next time I think I will increase the chili paste...only because we enjoy the extra heat...hubby who doesn't really care for chicken gave this one a big thumbs up...thanks for posting it...=)
I have to admit that I just did not want to dig through the freezer to find chicken, so I grabbed the tilapia fillets. I only made two, so reduced the ingredients, and only let it marinate for about 30 minutes - fish will turn mushy, especially if there is anything acidic in the marinade. I pan grilled the fillets, and they turned out just wonderful. I used a Korean chili paste which was very flavorful and worked well with the other ingredients. Very nice with rice and veggie.