Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An unusual way to cook hot dogs, but very tasty. one of my adoptees....sounds great,especially with the reviewers suggestions!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I prefer Tabasco)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 package hot dog, fat free,quartered
- Mix all ingredients except hot dogs in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer, and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Add hot dogs, and cook 5 minutes or until hot.
- Serve hot.
This sauce is yummy ... just spicy enough! I use Lit'l Smokies instead of hot dogs so they are already bite sized (not cuting necessary). Everyone at work just loves them and I always have requests for the recipe!!!
Quite good. Garnish with grated cheddar and nacho sliced peppers. Serve over English muffins.