Recipe by Manami
I'm always looking for a different recipe for Deviled Eggs and this one looks wonderful! Found this in Southern Living, September 2004. It is very Caribbean tasting.
- 1 dozen hard-boiled egg, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (no substitutes, please)
- 3 -4 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- kosher salt, to taste
- sliced fresh chives, garnish (optional)
- paprika, for spinkling garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks.
- Mash yolks; stir in mayonnaise, chutney, and red pepper until well blended.
- Spoon or pipe yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle evenly with desired amount of salt.
- Garnish, if desired with either chives or paprika or both.
- Chill until ready to serve.