Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I developed this sauce as an alternative to traditional BBQ sauces. Great family reviews when I've used this on pork and chicken. (c) 2006 Copyright Mike Marek
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat and stir occasionally until jelly is melted. Keep over low heat stirring as needed to keep from sticking.
- Pour over meat prior to serving and use extra for dipping.
- Adjust amounts to increase quantity. Keep proportions the same.
Delicious and really different BBQ sauce. We grilled chicken and brushed on this sauce for approximately the last 10 to 15 minutes of grilling time.