Recipe by JanuaryBride
Sounds yummy so I have placed it here for safe keeping. From Every Day with Rachael Ray March 2009
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
What an easy and fun snack to prepare and enjoy!!!! Dh very much enjoyed this as he watched sport, very more-ish!! And I had enough to pop into a jar and take as a gift to friends on Christmas Eve, where nobody believed I made it myself, lol! I intend making this as gifts again, since it was well-received and so very easy to put-together!! Thanks, JB! This was made for P-A-R-T-Y! Tag!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 cup peanuts
- 3⁄4 cup wasabi peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the sesame seeds and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and, when just dissolved, stir in the soy sauce, then the chow mein noodles.
- Quickly spread evenly on the prepared baking sheet; let cool.
- Crumble the sesame mixture into a bowl and toss with the peanuts and wasabi peas.