Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Perfect with Thai Salad Rolls! From Thai Cooking and More.
Make and share this Spicy Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 green onion, with top
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 177.44 ml water
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml finely grated turnips
- Finely chop white part of green onion.
- Cut the green top into thin 1-inch strips for garnish.
- Combine cornstarch and vinegar in a small bowl, mixing well; set aside.
- Combine water, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and chopped green onion in a small saucepan; bring to boil.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; return to boil and cook for 1 minute or until sauce is clear and thickened. Cool.
- Sprinkle with turnip and reserved green onion strips just before serving.