- 1 green onion, with top
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely grated turnips
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop white part of green onion.
- Cut the green top into thin 1-inch strips for garnish.
- Combine cornstarch and vinegar in a small bowl, mixing well; set aside.
- Combine water, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and chopped green onion in a small saucepan; bring to boil.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; return to boil and cook for 1 minute or until sauce is clear and thickened. Cool.
- Sprinkle with turnip and reserved green onion strips just before serving.