Recipe by Kim A. Heaphy
This is a recipe that comes from various sources, the original recipe was from Nina Simonds Asian Noodles cookbook but I found the flavour too overpowering. So I searched a few other recipes and made a few changes to a recipe that I now enjoy. I like to serve this sauce over vermicelli noodles and stir-fried meat and vegetables or use it as a dipping sauce for spring rolls or as a dressing for salads.
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons carrots, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, soak the crushed red pepper in the lime juice for 5 minutes. Add the fish sauce, sugar and garlic. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Just before serving, add the carrots. Refrigerate in a covered container or jar. The sauce will keep for up to a week.