Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Japan's answer to McDonald's special sauce. Is this what you get with your sushi at a Japanese restaurant? If not, it shoud be! Adapted from Joni Marie. She has some great and creative recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (use vegan mayo to make this sauce vegan)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Use for sushi, and everything else you can think of. Adding a touch of agave syrup or honey will make this into a whole other sauce, which is good too! Enjoy.
What a nice versatile sauce. I don%u2019t eat Sushi but thought this might be good on veggies which it was and we both thought the sesame oil was a great touch. Made as written using the full two tablespoons of Sriracha sauce and will be trying the honey option listed at the bottom of the recipe tomorrow with the remaining sauce. Thanks for the post.
I saved this as soon as it was posted and grabbed some sushi/nigirizushi at the store today so I could try it out. This is a super good sauce! I tried it alone and it was pretty strong but it was just right with the rice and fish. I cut it down to 1/4 recipe and still have quite a bit left (a little goes a long way!) so I have to think of other ways to use it. Maybe I'll try adding some honey to the leftover to try it that way also :) Thanks for sharing!
Perfect! EXACTLY the same as what you get in the finest of Japanese restaurants. Look no further. Delicious!