Recipe by josamky1063
The "surprise" is a mildly fiery blend of cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne—an earthy combo that makes for "a divine cooking-eating experience!"
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until smooth and light.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Gradually mix into wet ingredients. Beat until just combined (i.e., when all ingredients are just wet).
- Fold in chocolate chips until combined. Scoop cookies into 2-inch balls and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then remove from cookie sheets and transfer to a wire rack to cool further.