Recipe by Claire_Beauchamp in Northern BC, Canada
A flavourful all-in-one pasta dish with a bit of a kick. This is one of my 20 minute wonder meals that pleases anyone that I have served it to. It takes a bit to get the timing perfected, depending on the noodles you use but once you have it down-pat, it's great. If you're not into the spices, just omit them and it's still excellent. My kids always ask for seconds.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Classico Alfredo with sun dried tomatoes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper (optional)
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup california-blend frozen vegetables
- 2 cups rotini noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put on a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- In a skillet or frying pan, somewhere between medium to maximum (depends on the stove-top), put the olive oil.
- Saute the onions, garlic, jalepeno and chicken meat for 10 minutes.
- By this time, the water should be boiling. Add in the rotini noodles.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the pasta water.
- Add tandoori spice, hot pepper and seasoning salt. Saute for a couple more minutes and then reduce heat to minimum.
- Remove the sun-dried tomatoes from the pasta water and chop finely. Set aside.
- In the last 2 minutes of the cooking time for the pasta, add the frozen vegetables.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables and return to the large pot.
- Stir in pasta sauce.
- Mix in chicken, onion, garlic.