Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Zesty Tapenade for use on crostini ,steaks, eggs etc I made this when I was cooking a skirt steak and wanted a different topping than say a Chimichurri which is more traditionally made from chopped parsley, dried oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, onion, and paprika with olive oil.
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, marinated with red pepper flakes
- 1 small red onion, rough chopped
- 4 ounces pine nuts, toasted (do not burn)
- 8 1⁄2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- Place all olives in food processor and pulse until just to a coarse chop. About BB size or just bigger reserve).
- Place rough chopped red onion in food processor and pulse until just fine dice reserve.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes and toasted pine nuts in processor and pulse until a rough paste.
- Add back onions, and olives, juice and zest of lemons.
- Pulse until mixed and a paste.
- Pack and keep in a resalable container in the fridge will keep for two weeks. Tapenade freezes very well; spoon it into plastic ice cube trays, freeze it, and then bag and label the cubes of tapenade for quick and easy meals in the future.
- (Option use regular green olives with ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes more if you like it zippy).
- (Option use non oil sun dried tomatoes rehydrate dry and add 1/8 cup good extra virgin olive oil).