Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
You won't believe this is made with ground beef! Great to have on hand or to give as gifts.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon garlic juice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cajun-louisiana seasoning blend (your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients& mix well.
- Roll into four rolls of equal size.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap& refrigerate 24 hours.
- Unwrap rolls, place on baking rack and bake at 300 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Cool& wrap in tin foil- refrigerate or freeze.
This is a great recipe. I used whole pepper corns and added fresh garlic. Froze two of them for later.
tastes like REAL summer sausage. Very Good!
My husband and I just loved this! I wrapped the sausages in foil while they were being refrigerated, and before baking, i poked holes all over so that the oil could drip out. I then placed them on a 12-muffin pan so that they wouldn't sit in the oil. The taste was absolutely fabulous!! I will never spend a fortune to buy summer sausages again!! Note: I wanted to give some of these to my sister, who is pregnant and doesn't want to consume store bought sausages, which contain nitrates and nitrites, both of which are present in quick salt. So I just used kosher salt, and it turned out great! Thanks so much for posting!!