Recipe by Lil'Silvermoore
This is a great little side dish
Top Review by Roger Knight
This looked like a great recipe. I had two problems: I used half the cayenne with 3/4# lamb and it was still to hot, even though we like "picante." Then the ccoking times were too short to either soften the tomatoes or to reheat the stuffing which cooled quickly ans the ricotta and carrot were added. I will try again with some adjustments.
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb, browned
- 8 fresh roma tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat the bottom of a roasting pan with olive oil.
- Halve all tomatoes lengthwise and spoon out the seeds.
- In a mixing bowl, mix browned lamb, ricotta, cayenne, italian seasoning and shredded carrot.
- Carefully spoon the contents into the tomato halves.
- Bake covered in foil in preheated 350 degree oven for 5 minutes, remove foil and bake another for another 5.
- Spoon juices from the pan onto the tomatoes before serving.