Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The creaminess of the cheese paired with the spicyness from the cayenne pepper make for a perfect combination. These are a definite hit at dinner parties and are VERY easy to make. There are always people asking for the recipe, which is in fact how I got it.
- 12 medium whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (or more for an added kick!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms and cut off stems, discarding tough ends. Finely chop stems.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped stems. Cook until moisture has disappeared, then set aside to cool in a bowl.
- Into bowl, stir in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
OH MY GOSH!!!! So good and so creamy. Everyone needs to try these mushrooms. I made them for a dinner party and they were gobbled up in minutes. Thank you so much for the recipe.