Recipe by ScrappieDoo
The creaminess of the cheese paired with the spicyness from the cayenne pepper make for a perfect combination. These are a definite hit at dinner parties and are VERY easy to make. There are always people asking for the recipe, which is in fact how I got it.
- 12 medium whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (or more for an added kick!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms and cut off stems, discarding tough ends. Finely chop stems.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped stems. Cook until moisture has disappeared, then set aside to cool in a bowl.
- Into bowl, stir in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are hot and liquid starts to form under caps.