Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are different than any other stuffed mushroom I've had. They have a little bite to them. You can add more peppers for more spice.
- 15 -20 large stuffing mushroom caps
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1 -2 serrano chili
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- olive oil
- grated cheddar cheese
- Wash and de-stem mushrooms. Set aside to dry.
- Chop green onion.
- Mince chili's.
- Add green onion and chilies to sausage. Heat through till onion wilts.
- Add cream cheese and stir over low heat till melted and mixed well.
- Place mushroom caps on cookie sheet and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Mound stuffing in caps and top with a little grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15 to 20 minutes, till cheese is melted and mushrooms are heated through.