Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this recipe off the web. Make an appetizer into a meal.
- 4 split chicken breasts (not skinless)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional..add more or less as desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (optional..add more or less as desired)
- 1⁄2 garlic powder (optional..add more or less as desired)
- 4 tablespoons of softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery (or use celery salt to subsitute May Omit)
- 1 ounce blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce
- Preseason chicken with salt,black pepper, chilli powder(1/2tsp) and garlic pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, blue cheese and celery, and 1 tsp chilli powder.
- Pull skin back without detaching it from the breast and using a fork poke holes in the chicken breast. Then place 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture under the skin and secure the skin back over the breast with a wooden toothpick, that has been soaked in water for 10 minutes.
- Combine olive oil,honey, tobasco sauce and in a small bowl and mix well. Brush on each chicken breast.
- Place chicken breast on a broiler pan and make sure that is about 8 inches from the fire let broil for about 25 minutes or less. Check on the chicken breast quite frequently to make sure chicken isnt getting burned.
- Once the fork can be inserted easily or chicken is starting to get too brown, place chicken in a baking pan, cover with foil.
- Place in an oven of 400 degrees 10-20 minutes until done. *Chicken can be placed on barbeque grill on med/low heat instead of the broiler, then placed in the oven*.