Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
A stuffed pepper recipe that has a little get up and go to it.
Top Review by Nessa, Texas Housewife
I made these for PAC Fall 2006. We really enjoyed the added spice of these peppers. Stuffed peppers are oner of my favorite foods and these were a nice change from the usual. Will make these again.
- 4 green peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peppers in boiling, salted water for 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine ground beef, onion, rice and seasonings.
- Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Top with picante sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until meat is done.