Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made for RSC #11 A slightly different variation on an old classic. Setting time is included in time.
- 4 cups spinach, washed and drained
- 2 fresh green shallots, chopped
- 1 cup blood orange
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 fresh cayenne pepper, chopped
- salt & pepper (optional)
- smoked gouda cheese, cut into small cubes
- To prepare dressing; combine oil, honey, orange juice concentrate and white
- wine together - whisk until smooth, then add peppers. Let set 15 minutes.
- Put all salad ingredients in salad bowl and toss with dressing.
- Serve topped with cheese cubes.
This turned out great!
Made just one change when making this recipe ~ I used just a large dash of cayenne, & that gave it enough heat for the two of us! Loved the combo of flavors & since I'm one of those who like the dressing served on the side, that's just how I did it so that each of us could have as much or as little as we liked! A very nice keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
My DH and I were invited to an RSC dinner where PaulaG prepared this dish. I found this salad to be very tasty. The honey orange dressing was very good, but we had way too much dressing for the amount of salad.