Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful spicy, cool summer soup. I just won the Judges Choice award at our resort for this recipe. One of the ladies walked up to the soup and just said "WOW", then went to get her husband to share with him. If you love strawberries and like a bit of spice in your life, this is the soup for you.
- 6 cups strawberries
- 1 cup lemon Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup strawberry jelly
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Licor 43
- 1⁄2 cup lemonade (undiluted)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream (for garnish)
- Blend about 3 ½ pounds of strawberries. Reserve the rest for garnish and to cut some up to mix into the soup.
- As you blend each batch add the yogurt to one, add the sour cream to the next, add the strawberry jelly to the next and then blend the honey and sugar in the last batch. As you make each batch pour into a glass bowl or the liner of a crock pot. As you blend each batch mix together in the bowl, add vanilla, whipping cream, Licor 43, lemonade, and hot sauce.
- Place soup in freezer for 3 hours, it can partially freeze.
- When ready to serve slice up remaining strawberries and reserve some for garnish but mix the rest into the soup.
- Ring with whipped cream, sprinkle curled chocolate on the whipped cream (use a vegetable peeler along the edge of the candy bar to make the curls). Add a few slices of strawberries on top of the whipped cream.