Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is something I've grown up on, yet a recipe that is very easy to make. It's wonderful served on top of rice! An excellent balance of sweet and spice.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red bell pepper
- 2 cloves smashed garlic
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup low sugar strawberry preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large non-aluminum skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minute or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Bring liquid to boil if not already reduced by 1/2.
- Combine strawberry preserves and cornstarch, stir into liquid and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Either put chicken back into skillet to coat with sauce, or serve each breast with roughly 3 tablespoons of sauce -- enjoy!
We really enjoyed this one! Sauce was flavorful, chicken was tender. Served it with uncle ben's chicken herb rice, and cauliflower. Big hit!
This was a huge hit with my kids! It's so fast and easy, too. I used crushed pineapple instead of juice, and used 1 cup green and red peppers in place of the crushed peppers. I added a little more corn starch, and didn't need to remove the chicken.