Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
So yummy and healthy. I used a mix of frozen veggies (thawed) and sliced button mushrooms instead of the suggested vegetables.
- 396.89 g package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 9.85 ml canola oil
- 340.19 g snow peas, trimmed
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 177.44 ml water, divided
- 118.29 ml green onion, sliced
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 709.77 ml shiitake mushrooms, sliced (about 8 ounces)
- 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce or 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml creamy peanut butter
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml sriracha sauce
- 1.23 ml salt
- Place tofu cubes on several layers of paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu to pan; cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned, gently turning occasionally.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add snow peas, bell pepper, 1/4 cup of water, onions, ginger, and garlic to pan; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup water, tamari, peanut butter, cornstarch, sriracha, and salt in a small bowl; stir well.
- Add tamari mixture and tofu to pan; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm over rice or noodles; or chilled.
This is just delicious!! I used red peppers, regular onion, and portabello mushrooms, since that's what I had. Will definitely add broccoli next time, just didn't have it! I added coconut milk at the end, but it would definitely have been good just as is. I loved the way the tofu turned out, and the only change I will make is to make them a little smaller next time. I served over brown rice~~thanks so much for sharing!!
Good over noodles! I also used button mushrooms, and I made more sauce for the noodles. Very easy, and tasty!