1/1 Photo of Spicy Stir Fry Tofu With Peanut Sauce W/ Snow Peas and Mushrooms
mikey & ev's Note:
So yummy and healthy. I used a mix of frozen veggies (thawed) and sliced button mushrooms instead of the suggested vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Place tofu cubes on several layers of paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add tofu to pan; cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned, gently turning occasionally.
- 4Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 5Add snow peas, bell pepper, 1/4 cup of water, onions, ginger, and garlic to pan; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- 6Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 7Combine remaining 1/2 cup water, tamari, peanut butter, cornstarch, sriracha, and salt in a small bowl; stir well.
- 8Add tamari mixture and tofu to pan; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 9Serve warm over rice or noodles; or chilled.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Stir Fry Tofu With Peanut Sauce W/ Snow Peas and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.5
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 469.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: