Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A variation of the ever popular french fries. Very crunchy, very tasty and very addictive! Enjoy!
Make and share this Spicy Stir Fry French Fries recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups potatoes, cut up as french fries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- oil, the fries (for deep frying)
- 2 tablespoons fire-n-brimstone chili sauce (recipe id 41922)
- 1 small green pepper, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, bulbs finely sliced,green portion cut into 1 " bits
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle cornstarch on the raw french fries.
- Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a wok/frypan.
- Fry the cornstarch coated french fries till nice and crisp.
- Keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the chilli sauce, honey, vinegar, soya sauce and salt.
- Keep aside.
- Reomve all, but 2 tblsps, of the oil from the wok/frypan and put it back on the burner.
- Heat the oil.
- Add spring onions and green pepper and cook them for barely 30 secs.
- Pour in the chilli sauce mixture.
- Give it a few turns and add the cornstarch coated french fries.
- Toss to coat the fries with the sauce.
- Remove from fire.
- Serve immediately.
Great fries! These are nice and spicy and flavorful. I like the pieces of green pepper mixed in with the HOT fries... nice contrast.