A variation of the ever popular french fries. Very crunchy, very tasty and very addictive! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups potatoes, cut up as french fries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- oil, the fries (for deep frying)
- 2 tablespoons fire-n-brimstone chili sauce (recipe id 41922)
- 1 small green pepper, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, bulbs finely sliced,green portion cut into 1 " bits
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Sprinkle cornstarch on the raw french fries.
- 2Toss to coat.
- 3Heat oil in a wok/frypan.
- 4Fry the cornstarch coated french fries till nice and crisp.
- 5Keep aside.
- 6In a bowl, mix together the chilli sauce, honey, vinegar, soya sauce and salt.
- 7Keep aside.
- 8Reomve all, but 2 tblsps, of the oil from the wok/frypan and put it back on the burner.
- 9Heat the oil.
- 10Add spring onions and green pepper and cook them for barely 30 secs.
- 11Pour in the chilli sauce mixture.
- 12Give it a few turns and add the cornstarch coated french fries.
- 13Toss to coat the fries with the sauce.
- 14Remove from fire.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Stir Fry French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 869.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g