This is delicious served over rice. The heat can be adjusted by using different peppers and the amount of chili sauce. Adapted from a recipe at a cooking demonstration at the Fiery Foods & BBQ Show
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet Asian chili sauce, to taste
- 4 ounces sherry wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon sambal oelek or 1 -2 tablespoon chili paste, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- On medium high heat add oil to a large skillet.
- When oil is hot add next 7 ingredients (shrimp-green onions) and saute for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients (chili sauce-butter), stirring well until hot.