Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is delicious served over rice. The heat can be adjusted by using different peppers and the amount of chili sauce. Adapted from a recipe at a cooking demonstration at the Fiery Foods & BBQ Show
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet Asian chili sauce, to taste
- 4 ounces sherry wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon sambal oelek or 1 -2 tablespoon chili paste, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- On medium high heat add oil to a large skillet.
- When oil is hot add next 7 ingredients (shrimp-green onions) and saute for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients (chili sauce-butter), stirring well until hot.
We loved it! This was not only easy to prepare but the combinations of flavors pop in your mouth...you get the sweet spicy taste of the dish...next time I will increase the heat...I did cut the recipe in half and we got 2 huge servings...this was served over rice...the sauce was the prefect amount...it was nice and creamy with all the butter...I made as posted with no subs...thanks for sharing your recipe...=)
I only had 10 oz shrimp, so omitted the green pepper. However, I didn't cut down on the amount of sauce and I'm glad I didn't, because it was delicious (I did substitute rice wine for the sherry). Served it over rice for a spicy, satisfying meal.
this was delicious. fast cooking and easy to throw together, dinner was ready in 15 minutes. i used a bit less sambal olek as my family prefers less heat and omitted the butter. i served this over jasmati rice.