1/2 Photos of Spicy Stir-Fried Eggplant (Aubergine)
Recipe Junkie's Note:
Eggplant is so full of nutrients and is a very filling vegetable as well - great for people who are just getting used to a vegetarian diet and who are missing the 'chunky' texture of meat in a dish. This makes either a very nice vegetarian/vegan main dish or a nice side to compliment an East Indian or Middle Eastern main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 Japanese eggplants, cut into 1-inch cubes (or two regular)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil or 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of, diluted in
- 1 cup water
- 1Heat oil in wok or large skillet on medium high.
- 2Add eggplant.
- 3After 1 minute, reduce heat to medium.
- 4Sprinkle with spice mixture.
- 6Cook, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minutes.
- 7Every minute, add about 1 T lemon-water.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Stir-Fried Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (638 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.0
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 306.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g