Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A quick chicken stir-fry from BHG. It does the trick when you are short on time.
Top Review by Covelli
Oh! I had such high hopes for this! Unfortunately, it just didn't do it for us. I used soy sauce instead of fish sauce and used the oyster sauce. It was just too overpowering for our tastes. I had to have done something wrong also, because it didn't look like the picture (colorwise). My sauce was super dark from the oyster sauce and was really thick. I ended up having to water it down. I definately messed up there:)?! I'll give it another shot later, play around with the ingredients and review it again.
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 14.79 ml fish sauce or 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 78.07 ml cold water
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-4 fresh red chili peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 118.29 ml roasted cashews, unsalted or salted
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch; add in the water; stir and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Stir-fry onion for 1 minute.
- Add in the chile peppers and garlic; stir fry 1-2 minutes or until onion gets crisp-tender.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken to skillet and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Push chicken over to the side of the skillet.
- Add sauce to the middle of the skillet; stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Put onion mixture back into the skillet; stir everything together to coat with the sauce; cook for 1 more minute.
- Add in cashews; stir.
- Season if desired with salt/pepper.
- Serve right away over hot cooked rice.