Tasty as an appetizer or served over rice with baby bok choy and sprinkled with sesame seeds and green onion tops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water (or stock)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (more if you like a lot of heat)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey (beef, pork or combination)
- 5 tablespoons green onions, diced (including whites)
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mushroom, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small saucepan to boil or medium high. Simmer on low and simmer until reduced and thickened.
- 2Combine the meatball ingredients. Shape into 1 - 2" meatballs.
- 3In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil and meatballs. Cook about 6 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and pour sauce over meatballs.
- 5Cook for 5 to 10 minutes more or until a meatball cut in half is fully cooked and the sauce coats the meatballs.
- 6Serve as an appetizer or over rice with baby bok choy. Either way sprinkle with sesame seeds and reserved green onion.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sticky Sweet Asian Meetballs
Serving Size: 1 (1075 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1506.8
- Calories from Fat 619
- Total Fat 68.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 577.5 mg
- Sodium 9736.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 46.7 g
- Protein 141.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: