Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wanting 'just a little something' to take the edge off of mid-afternoon hunger pangs, a collection of oddments became a taste sensation for me and DH.
- 2 flour tortillas, the 10 inch size is good
- 4 -8 slices jalapeno jack cheese
- 4 -8 slices guava paste
- Cut each tortilla in half so you have 4 half moons. This is simply for ease of handling. If you are going to do these quesadilla style, then you can leave them whole and cut them after they are cooked if you like.
- Layer cheese on tortilla positioning it to fit the halves of tortilla. I used Cabot cheese which comes in a small brick, so I had many little slices. If you have sandwich size cheese, you might want to use less slices.
- Fit your slices of guava paste on the cheese.
- Fold each half moon in half, so now you have a wedge shape.
- From this point you can: 1) Eat! 2) Microwave for a few seconds to get the cheese nice and melty 3) Fry it on a griddle to give it a crispy outside and a melty inside, quesadilla style.