This recipe is tasty, filling, and very easy to make and serve. You can make all on the stove top, ready to eat, or you can bake it before you eat. This style gets all the flavors melded even better! My family just loves this dish! We make this when there is little time - with teenagers running in and out, there isn't much of it! I have made this for potluck at the high school at least three times. Each time the pot has been scraped clean. It is great during the cold weather, too! You can make it spicy or tame it down for those who like it milder. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, brown the sausage just until done.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3In same skillet, add the olive oil and saute the onions and green pepper until soft.
- 4Add the sausage to the onions and green peppers.
- 5Pour the beans in, do not drain.
- 6Add the pepper flake and the black pepper and salt to taste.
- 7Heat until nice and hot.
- 8You may also take the ingredients and put them into a casserole dish or large pot and bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees, if you have time.
- 9Otherwise, the stove top method is quickest.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy 'stick to the Ribs' Bean & Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.0
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.3 mg
- Sodium 1388.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 40.9 g