Recipe by Seth Trarbach
From here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_27532_,00.html
- 4 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese, plus
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sirloin steaks, grilled to desired doneness and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1⁄4 cup salsa, plus more for serving
- vegetable oil, for cooking
- fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out 2 of the flour tortillas on a flat surface. Top with 1/2 cup of the Cheddar, spreading evenly over the tortillas. Divide the steak among the tortillas and sprinkle with the desired amount of jalapeno. Top with salsa and remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Top with remaining tortillas and press to seal.
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and lower the heat to medium. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the other quesadilla.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice into 8 or 10 pieces. Garnish with salsa and cilantro sprigs.