Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful, spicy, garlicy steak marinade. If you love Tabasco and if you love garlic, you should really enjoy this simple recipe which includes onions and mushrooms.
- 3⁄4 cup Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can canned mushroom slices
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Combine all ingredients (if not using right away, be sure to chill).
- Note: You can adjust many of the ingredients to taste, i.e. more or less garlic (always more for me), more or less Tabasco, onion etc.
- I like to mix the marinade in a large plastic freezer bag and then I add 4 boneless NY Strips (the bag method works best with boneless steaks).
- I let the steaks marinade (the longer the better) turning the bag over several times.
- And to me, steaks should never be cooked more than medium, I personally am a rare to mid-rare person but for best flavor they should never be cooked more than medium.
- Lastly, once I remove the steaks I simmer the remaining marinade and serve it separately as a steak sauce.
I made this for some dinner guests, and it was great. Those who didn't want their food too spicy opted not to put the sauce on their steak, but the meat still had a great flavor without the sauce. I, on the other hand, tried it with the sauce, and it was fantastic. I highly reccomend this recipe. It was great on the grill!
This was great. I scored a london broil on both sides and rubbed the marinade in. I wrapped tightly in foil and turned every hour for about 6 hours. I grilled it over medium heat until medium-rare. It was fantastic. Even kids liked it!
Very Good not as spicey as i expected but very good taste. Made meat very tender and i will make this again. thanks for good stuff