A wonderful, spicy, garlicy steak marinade. If you love Tabasco and if you love garlic, you should really enjoy this simple recipe which includes onions and mushrooms.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can canned mushroom slices
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1Combine all ingredients (if not using right away, be sure to chill).
- 2Note: You can adjust many of the ingredients to taste, i.e. more or less garlic (always more for me), more or less Tabasco, onion etc.
- 3I like to mix the marinade in a large plastic freezer bag and then I add 4 boneless NY Strips (the bag method works best with boneless steaks).
- 4I let the steaks marinade (the longer the better) turning the bag over several times.
- 5And to me, steaks should never be cooked more than medium, I personally am a rare to mid-rare person but for best flavor they should never be cooked more than medium.
- 6Lastly, once I remove the steaks I simmer the remaining marinade and serve it separately as a steak sauce.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Steak Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (809 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.3
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1977.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 65.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g