Recipe by looneytunesfan
Think steak dinner in a bowl.
Top Review by HisPixie
This was pretty good; needs some more tweaking. I added Italian green beans which I thought was a nice touch. The steak needed something to flavor it a little more, I think. Maybe it should be more seasoned as it browns. I'm going to try adding the seasonings to the steak & onions instead of the broth next time. I also added some garlic powder.
- 1⁄4 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute the beef, onion and salt in oil for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the potatoes, broth, steak sauce, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley.