Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
If you're looking for something to bring to the party that will amaze, this is the dip. People can't get enough. It goes great with pita or tortilla chips. You can make it a bit healthier or vegetarian by excluding the bacon and using a tablespoon of olive oil instead. Adjust the amount of sriracha depending on how spicy you like it (1 tablespoon gives it just a small bite).
- 2 slices apple-smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 -2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook bacon in a small saucepan over medium heat until slightly crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add shallots, garlic, and jalapeno to bacon drippings in pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beans (including bean water) to pan and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Combine bean mixture, bacon, lemon juice, tahini, hot sauce, oil, and spices in a food processor and process until smooth.