Recipe by Obsidian468
This is another recipe that was an experiment, but turned out beautifully. It also reheats well in a microwave for leftovers the day after - just don't reheat it at work - your coworkers will hate you.
- 1 lb squid (sliced into rings)
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (remove seeds for less heat, leave seeds in for more heat)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine fish sauce, Siracha (garlic pepper) sauce, green onions, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a blender. Blend until well mixed, but still slightly lumpy.
- Heat wok over high heat and add peanut oil. Heat until oil starts to smoke.
- Add squid to wok and cook until done (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add veggie mixture from blender, white wine, shredded carrots, and garlic to wok.
- Cook for about ten minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot. Use the remaining liquid as a gravy for the dish, or pour it over noodles or rice (using it over noodles or rice will significantly up the calories and carbs for this dish). I prefer to leave the sauce in the wok with the rest of the dish. It helps to reheat in the microwave, as it steams to keep the squid tender.