Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. As I get older, I tend to want spicier foods. I came up with this recipe when I was thinking of food that would be good for diabetics like me.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄3 cup hot pepper jelly
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Saute pepper and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened.
- 2. Add Simply Potatoes. Turn so the potatoes are on the bottom, and the green peppers and garlic are on top. Saute until potatoes on bottom are brown (5 minutes, roughly).
- 3. Flip the potatoes again and spread the hot pepper jelly over the top. Cover and cook until jelly is melted (approximately 3 minutes).
- 4. Break up the potato mixture a bit. Top with shredded Gruyere. Turn off heat and re-cover. Let sit for approximately 7 minutes and, if desired, season and/or add toppings of your choosing.
- 5. Serve.