Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy recipe. I omit the cayenne pepper if I am looking for something a little less spicy.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup instant potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter is shallow dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, except chicken.
- Dip chicken in butter then roll in potato mixture.
- Place in baking dish and bake 30 minutes.
This is super fantastic! I expected it to be good, but it was way better than I thought it could be! I loved the seasonings for this (I used a chipotle taco seasoning) and I loved the texture the instant potato flakes gave to this. For the potato flakes I used a creamy butter blend, and for the cheese I used shredded instead of grated from the can. It was partly mushy where the potatoes soaked up the butter and such, and then some of the flakes got crispy as well as the cheese so you get two different textures! Its like eating chicken and mashed potatoes all at once! Baking time was perfect for my oven too. This is one of my new favorite chicken recipes!
This recipe turned out great for me. I found a seasoning packet called 'chicken taco seasoning' and I thought that would be perfect for this dish. It's very simple to make and the baking time was right on for my oven. I will make these again.
This recipe is great served with chilli and tortillas. The only reason it doesn't get five stars is DH's personal dislike of taco seasoning. I think it could be easily modified by leaving out the taco seasoning and finding something to replace it or just leaving it out altogether.