Recipe by lynda clark
This dish has three elements: creamy, spicy, and most importantly healthy. To cook this dish will be sure torture with the aroma of the bell peppers, onions and cubanelle chili pepper sauteing in margarine or your favorite cooking oil. Then the addition of spiral noodles and heavy cream, as the peas and carrots stew together, while adding a nice addition and influencing this home cooked meal with a harmony of healthy meets hearty!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweet peas
- 1 (14 ounce) cansliced carrots
- 1 large onion
- 1 whole cubanelle pepper
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper
- 1 lb spiral noodles
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 pint heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Feel free to add only half of the peas, carrots, onion and cubanelle pepper if you do not want such a hearty meal.
- Add margarine or cooking oil to a preheated saucepan.
- Add cubanelle chili pepper, bell pepper and onion to the pan. Saute until onions are translucent or until onions are a light golden brown color.
- Set saucepan aside.
- Add spiral noodles into boiling salted water. After noodles are al dente, usually seven minutes but be sure to check specified cooking times as all noodles may have their own cooking time, drain water.
- Add drained noodles to the saucepan with the peppers and onions.
- Add 1 or 2 pints of heavy cream to the mixture. I like less, you may like more.
- Add the carrots and peas.
- Heat on medium-low heat for 10 minutes until the cream is nicely thickened.
- Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn't burn. Add water if it becomes too thick for your specific taste.
- Note: For variation, after trying this dish by itself for the first time, you may want to add tuna or cooked chicken for a nice twist.