Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These are so simple to make and you can do them ahead of time and just place in refrigerator until ready to use. I have a potato ricer that I use to squeeze all the water out of frozen spinach. The original recipe called for 6 green onions, but I found that to be a bit much, but feel free to use all six if you like. This recipe came from a cookbook called "True Grits" in Atlanta, GA. The cook time is the chill tiime.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 10 large flour tortillas
- Squeeze water from spinach until very dry.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients except spinach, water chestnuts, green onions and tortillas, mixing thoroughly.
- Add spinach, green onions and water chestnuts to mayonnaise mixture, stirring well.
- Divide spinach mixture evenly between the tortillas.
- Spread mixture evenly and roll tightly.
- Wrap each tortilla in waxed paper and place in a sealable zipper type plastic bag or in an airtight container.
- Chill overnight.
- Unwrap and cut each tortilla into four pieces.