Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Bon Appetit, February 2007.
- 12 ounces spinach linguine
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated pecorino romano cheese, divided
- Cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid. Return pasta to same pot.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 cup basil, garlic, and crushed red pepper; stir 1 minute.
- Add wine and boil until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Add mixture from skillet, remaining 1/2 cup basil, and 3/4 cup cheese to pasta.
- Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved pasta liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.